Friday 4 October 2013

Just catching up

It's been a while since I last posted.

I've been working more hours each week, while also working on getting my 9 month old sleeping longer in the day. I'm trying to stay on top of the housework and garden, investing time in my 4 year old's reading and settling her into a new Kindy (daycare). There's been another venture taking up time and headspace, but I won't be able to share that with you for a while. 

The last thing I felt like doing at the end of these long days was sitting at the computer, or doing anything at all apart from 'loosing myself' in front of TV. The 'me' has been lost in trying to keep everything else afloat! I've had no time (or energy) for sewing, blogging, or any sort of social life. I can't remember the last time I went to the hairdresser, and I still haven't spent my birthday money from July! Getting woken around 5am every morning also hasn't helped with fading energy levels as the day progresses. 

But with the warmer Spring weather, baby sleeping well during the day, and not having to drive to Chippendale and back for Kindy 3 days a week, I'm starting to feel on top of things again. And as a bonus I had a night out with a dear friend this week, and truly let my hair down for the first time in a long time. Thank you lady! 

I have decided now, starting from this very minute that I will make more time for 'me'! I will continue sewing and my plastic-free / chemical-free conversation of our house, but more importantly i'll make time for working on myself.

Oops I just fell asleep mid thought! (I'm writing this on my phone) Time for bed. Next post will be something more interesting I promise.





No comments:

Post a Comment