Sunday 28 April 2013

Quarterly Clear Out

Some people have a yearly "Spring Clean".  Others, like the people on the TV show Hoarders, never clear out.

Personally I like to clear out at least one area of my house quarterly.  The change of the season always makes me feel like culling and reorganising.

The crisp Autumn air has just arrived and already I've started clearing out the vintage dresser in our kitchen, all the kitchen cupboards, sorted through the kids clothes, and all my maternity clothes.

When I clear out, I always like to ensure that I sell, reuse, recycle, re-home as much as possible to reduce landfill and give items a new life.

There are a lot of great options I utilize to clear out my house, and I thought you might appreciate me listing them in case there are one or two you haven't come across.  I've included the obvious as well.


Places to sell your goods:
eBay
Gumtree
KID size Living Community Garage Sale
Tempe Buy Swap Sell
Tempe Yard Sale Trail - annual event happening again in September this year.

Donate your goods:
Salvation Army
Marrickville Council Collection
Little Wonder - donate your baby clothes and equipment her to help premature babies at RPA
Reverse Garbage - donate excess materials, stage props, paper, fabric etc
The Bower - donate windows, doors, furniture etc.
Local Nursing Home - donate your unwanted magazines and books to your local aged care facility

If you don't know about the Tempe Yard Sale Trail, I'll be publishing a post about it on here soon, or visit the Facebook page for more info.


And of course a lot of these places are also fantastic for buying as well, just try not to fill the space you've just created from clearing out!

I hope I've inspired you to clear out your own home, and at the same time give as many of your items as possible a second life.

No comments:

Post a Comment